Charleston Southern University is a private Christian university located in North Charleston, South Carolina. Founded in 1964, the university offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in a variety of fields, including business, education, healthcare, and humanities. With a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1 and an average class size of 17, students can expect personalized attention from professors who are passionate about their subjects.
Charleston Southern University places a strong emphasis on its Christian values, and students are encouraged to explore their faith through chapel services, Bible studies, and community service projects. The university also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, including sports teams, music groups, and student organizations, to help students get involved and build a sense of community on campus.
In addition to its academic offerings, Charleston Southern University has a strong commitment to student success. The university’s Center for Academic Success provides tutoring, academic coaching, and other resources to help students achieve their goals. The Career Center offers career counseling, job search assistance, and networking opportunities to help students prepare for life after graduation.
What about Charleston Southern University interesting facts? Let’s take a look at these 22 interesting facts about Charleston Southern University.
- Charleston Southern University was founded in 1964 as Baptist College at Charleston.
- The university changed its name to Charleston Southern University in 1990.
- The campus covers over 300 acres of land.
- The university has over 3,300 students enrolled.
- Charleston Southern University offers more than 50 undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- The university has a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1.
- The average class size at Charleston Southern University is 17.
- The university has a diverse student body, with students from over 45 states and 29 countries.
- Charleston Southern University is affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
- The university has a strong commitment to community service and encourages students to get involved in service projects.
- The university’s mascot is the Buccaneer.
- Charleston Southern University has 15 NCAA Division I athletic teams.
- The university’s football team won the Big South Conference championship in 2015.
- The university has a marching band, jazz band, and choir.
- Charleston Southern University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- The university has a Center for Academic Success that provides tutoring and academic coaching to students.
- The university’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- Charleston Southern University has a partnership with the Medical University of South Carolina to offer a physician assistant program.
- The university has a student-run radio station, WPCU.
- Charleston Southern University offers study abroad opportunities in over 20 countries.
- The university has a strong emphasis on Christian values and encourages students to explore their faith.
- The university offers a variety of online degree programs.
Charleston Southern University is a vibrant and welcoming community that provides students with a well-rounded education and the support they need to succeed academically, personally, and professionally. Whether you’re interested in pursuing a career in business, education, healthcare, or any other field, Charleston Southern University is a great place to start your journey.