Nova Southeastern University (NSU) is a private research university located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States. It was founded in 1964 as the Nova University of Advanced Technology and has since expanded to offer over 150 degree programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels.
NSU is recognized for its focus on research and innovation. It has multiple research centers and institutes, including the Center for Collaborative Research, the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities, and the Institute for Neuro-Immune Medicine. The university also has a strong commitment to community service and encourages its students to engage in service-learning and volunteer opportunities.
NSU is home to more than 20,000 students from all over the world, and it is known for its diverse student body. The university offers a range of student services and resources, including academic advising, career services, and counseling services. NSU also has a vibrant campus life, with over 300 student organizations and clubs, as well as a variety of athletic teams.
NSU has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top-tier university in various categories, including Best National Universities, Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs, and Best Online Graduate Education Programs. It is also recognized as a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs Magazine for its commitment to serving veterans and active-duty military personnel.
Do you want to know more about Nova Southeastern University? Let’s take a look at these 36 interesting facts about Nova Southeastern University.
- Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964 as the Nova University of Advanced Technology.
- NSU is a private research university located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States.
- The university is home to over 20,000 students from all over the world.
- NSU offers over 150 degree programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels.
- The university has a diverse student body, with students from over 116 countries.
- NSU has multiple campuses across Florida, including Fort Lauderdale, Davie, and Tampa.
- NSU is the largest private, not-for-profit university in Florida.
- The university is known for its focus on research and innovation.
- NSU has over 50 research centers and institutes, including the Center for Collaborative Research, the Institute for Neuro-Immune Medicine, and the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities.
- NSU is a member of the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities.
- The university has a strong commitment to community service and encourages its students to engage in service-learning and volunteer opportunities.
- NSU has a number of partnerships with local businesses and organizations.
- The university is home to the Shepard Broad College of Law, which is ranked among the top law schools in the country.
- NSU offers a range of online degree programs, including in education, nursing, and business.
- NSU has a dedicated Office of Student Leadership and Civic Engagement, which offers a variety of leadership and community service opportunities.
- The university has a vibrant campus life, with over 300 student organizations and clubs.
- NSU has a Division II athletics program, with 17 athletic teams competing in the Sunshine State Conference.
- The university is known for its innovative Shark Preview program, which allows prospective students to experience life at NSU before they enroll.
- NSU has a student-to-faculty ratio of 17:1.
- The university has a strong commitment to sustainability and has implemented a number of green initiatives on campus.
- NSU is a member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities.
- The university has a dedicated Office of Student Success, which provides academic support and resources to students.
- NSU has a Center for Excellence in Writing, which offers tutoring and workshops to help students improve their writing skills.
- The university is home to the Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information Technology Center, which is the largest public library in Broward County.
- NSU is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- The university has a dedicated Office of International Affairs, which supports international students and promotes internationalization on campus.
- NSU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- The university has a dedicated Office of Career Development, which offers career counseling, job search assistance, and networking opportunities to students and alumni.
- NSU has a dedicated Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, which promotes diversity and inclusivity on campus.
- The university has a number of scholarship programs for students, including the President’s Scholarship and the Horatio Alger Scholarship.
- NSU is a member of the Consortium for Ocean Leadership.
- The university has a dedicated Office of Undergraduate Research, which supports student research and creative activities.
- NSU has a Center for Psychological Studies, which offers doctoral programs in clinical psychology, school psychology, and counseling.
- The university has a dedicated Office of Disability Services, which provides accommodations and support to students with disabilities.
- NSU has a dedicated Office of Student Affairs, which oversees student life and provides support services to students.
- The university has a strong commitment to health sciences education, with colleges of medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, optometry, and health care sciences.
Nova Southeastern University is a vibrant and dynamic institution that offers a wide range of educational opportunities and resources to its students. With a strong commitment to research, community service, sustainability, and diversity, NSU provides a supportive and inclusive learning environment that prepares students for success in their chosen fields. Whether students are interested in the health sciences, law, business, or any other field, NSU has the expertise, facilities, and programs to help them achieve their goals. As a leading research university in Florida and beyond, NSU is poised to make a significant impact on the world in the years to come.