Joe Burrow is an American football quarterback who currently plays for the Cincinnati Bengals in the National Football League (NFL). He was born on December 10, 1996, in Ames, Iowa, and grew up in The Plains, Ohio. Burrow played college football at Ohio State before transferring to Louisiana State University (LSU) in 2018. In 2019, he led the LSU Tigers to a perfect 15-0 record and a national championship, setting multiple records along the way. He also won the Heisman Trophy that year, which is awarded to the most outstanding player in college football.
After a standout college career, Burrow was selected first overall by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2020 NFL Draft. In his rookie season, he showed promise as a franchise quarterback, throwing for over 2,600 yards and 13 touchdowns in 10 games before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Off the field, Burrow has also been active in social justice initiatives. In 2020, he helped to raise over $700,000 for food banks in the Cincinnati area, and has been vocal in his support of Black Lives Matter and other social justice causes.
If you are interested to know more about Joe Burrow, let’s take a look at these 23 interesting facts about Joe Burrow.
- Joe Burrow was born on December 10, 1996, in Ames, Iowa.
- He grew up in The Plains, Ohio, where his father, Jim Burrow, was the defensive coordinator for the Ohio University football team.
- Burrow was a two-sport athlete in high school, playing football and basketball.
- He was named Ohio’s Mr. Football in 2014, his senior year of high school.
- Burrow played college football at Ohio State before transferring to Louisiana State University (LSU) in 2018.
- He set multiple records during his 2019 season at LSU, including the NCAA record for touchdown passes in a single season (60).
- Burrow won the Heisman Trophy in 2019, which is awarded to the most outstanding player in college football.
- He was selected first overall by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2020 NFL Draft.
- Burrow signed a four-year contract with the Bengals worth $36.1 million.
- In his NFL debut, Burrow threw for 193 yards and rushed for 46 yards and a touchdown.
- He threw for over 2,600 yards and 13 touchdowns in 10 games before suffering a season-ending knee injury in 2020.
- Burrow was named to the NFL All-Rookie Team in 2020.
- He was a highly sought-after recruit in high school, receiving offers from several major college football programs, including Alabama and Nebraska.
- Burrow’s favorite football player growing up was Brett Favre.
- He has been praised for his toughness and leadership on the field.
- Burrow was named the SEC Offensive Player of the Year in 2019.
- He has been compared to NFL quarterbacks such as Tom Brady and Drew Brees.
- Burrow majored in consumer economics at LSU.
- He is active on social media, with over 4M followers on Instagram.
- Burrow has been vocal in his support of social justice causes, including Black Lives Matter.
- He helped to raise over $700,000 for food banks in the Cincinnati area in 2020.
- Burrow is known for his pre-snap adjustments and ability to read defenses.
- He has been called a “once-in-a-generation” talent by NFL analysts and experts.
Joe Burrow is a rising star in the National Football League who has quickly become one of the most exciting players to watch on the field. He has already accomplished so much in his young career, from setting records in college football to leading the Cincinnati Bengals as their starting quarterback. His leadership, toughness, and pre-snap intelligence have earned him praise from teammates, coaches, and NFL experts alike. Off the field, Burrow has shown a commitment to social justice causes and has used his platform to raise awareness and funds for those in need. With his talent and drive, there is no doubt that Joe Burrow will continue to be a force to be reckoned with in the NFL for years to come.